Tuesday 17 June 2014

Oh, Hello!

The first words I ever said to my daughter, and apparently the first that I'll write to you. It seems to be my go-to thing when I don't really know what to say. I never know what to say in introductions.
You know when you see someone you like sat across from you and you want to introduce yourself, but you're not sure how? Well, this is that. I want to introduce myself (and my family of course) to you, but... I'm not sure where to start really. I guess it'll have to be with my name!
I am Laura, I'm 23 years old, I am married to Elliott and he is 26. We have a little girl called Harper who was born in March this year and I am taking the 5 minutes I have to myself until she inevitably wakes up to write this. She's snoring though, I might even have 10! On to us, anyway!

We are your average young family from Essex, England. Well and truly average. Elliott is working on running his own business and I am a stay at home mummy to my gorgeous little girl. We don't have a parenting style really(that's a thing I see online a lot) we just seem to do what works for us. We use cloth nappies, so if I';m not consoling a crying child, feeding said child or trying (and often failing) to keep my house tidy, I am up to my elbows in washing. I wouldn't have it any other way though. You'll quite often see me talk about cloth nappies, the ones we use most often are tots bots easyfit or other various all in ones- I strive to find the laziest ways to be eco-friendly. 

In my (limited) spare time I like to take photos (my instagram is 'mummysee_mummydo'), draw, paint, make... anything really! I am so excited about one day being able to paint and make a big mess with Harper - though that won't be for a little while yet, so please don't think I'm wishing her life away because I am enjoying every second of being her Mummy (well, almost, being pooed on isn't entirely enjoyable). Before I ramble on about myself too much, which I probably already have, I'll leave you with a couple of links that you might want to follow to find out more about me and my family:
And if you want to contact me for any reason, you can email me right here!

No comments:

Post a Comment